Simmons: Angela Bassett, Tina Brown, Mia Farrow, Sheryl WuDunn
Just when you think they can't top last year's agenda, headlined by Diane Keaton, Simmons puts together another jaw-dropping line-up of luminaries. The school's 31st annual Leadership Conference will be held this year on Friday, April 30 at the Seaport World Trade Center Boston.
We're honored to be working with Simmons for the third year to promote this prestigious event. Here's the Globe coverage from today.
In addition to the outstanding women cited above, other notable speakers include:
- Ambassador Charlene Barshefsky – senior partner at WilmerHale, formerly the nation's chief trade negotiator
- Dr. Stacy Blake-Beard – associate professor at Simmons School of Management and senior faculty affiliate at its Center for Gender in Organizations
- Warren Brown – founder/owner of the CakeLove baking empire and host of the Food Network's Sugar Rush show
- Eileen McDargh – internationally renowned expert on organizational culture change and successful author
- Dr. Teresa Nelson – professor of entrepreneurship at the Simmons School of Management and director of its entrepreneurship program
- Ranjini Poddar – co-founder and president of Artech Information Systems, a global IT consulting firm employing 2600 professionals
- Roxana Saberi – Iranian-American journalist who was imprisoned in Iran for five months in early 2009
- Terry Savage – Emmy Award-winning commentator on personal finance and frequent guest on CNN, CNBC, PBS, and NBC
- Marie Savard, MD – medical contributor to ABC News and one of the country's most trusted voices on women's health and wellness
- David Meerman Scott – social media expert and author of the new hit book, World Wide Rave, as well as the bestselling The New Rules of Marketing & PR
- Irina Simmons – senior vice president and treasurer of high-tech giant EMC Corporation
Simmons has gotten some great accolades in recent months. In the Fall, the School of Management (SOM) was ranked #1 in the nation for "Greatest Opportunities for Women" by Princeton Review. SOM also was named "One of the Top 20 Socially Responsible MBA Programs in the World" by the Aspen Institute.