Room to Read Boston - This Thursday - Don't Miss It!
I'm just back from our prep meeting in anticipation of our November 5th event, where Room to Read Founder John Wood will be joining us. In case you've somehow missed my past blogs on this topic, Room to Read was founded in 2000, and is focused on creating educational opportunities for kids in the developing world.
I've had the pleasure of seeing John Wood speak on a few occasions now, and he's one of the top three speakers I've ever seen in action. John is a three-time speaker at the Clinton Global Initiative, a five-time winner of Fast Company’s Social Capitalist Award and the only non-Asian to be honored with TIME Magazine’s Asian Heroes Award.
So come join us on Thursday evening, when we'll be hosting a fundraiser at the Harvard Club. We've got a really stellar auction lineup, including:
-A private flight to Nantucket piloted by a former TOPGUN instructor for a day of golf, for two
New England Patriots game day package – four tickets with an on-field pass
- A jersey signed by New England Patriot Wes Welker
Two Red Sox box seat tickets for a 2010 Yankees game (I know - it’s a painful subject at the moment.)
- A Good Will Hunting movie poster signed by Ben Affleck, Matt Damon, Robin Williams and Minnie Driver
- A week’s stay at a private home in Burgundy, France
- A week’s stay on Nantucket
- Stays at private homes on Cape Cod
- A vintage JFK campaign hat, circa 1960
- Signed Red Sox photos and gear
- A beer tasting at Harpoon Brewery, for 80 people
- A one-year membership to Boston Ski & Sports Club
- Original photography and artwork
- Gift certificates from area restaurants, salons, yoga studios and florists
Tickets are available online until end of day Wednesday, November 4.
Labels: Room to Read