Monday, September 12, 2005

If Only That Message Could Have Gotten Lost in the Mail...

Today was a day when most of us were trying to process the notion of $8.4 billion worth of tech acquisitions, and what it will mean for the industry. I was trying to imagine my next eBay auction, with the late-breaking bidders on a Skype conference call shouting out bids.

But this eWeek article about a recruiter for Microsoft reminded me of those times when misguided recruiters have called me offering me a job with more opportunity for growth. This poor guy emailed Eric Raymond, who is, of course, a god of the open source community. Raymond rarely has a kind word for Microsoft. An excerpt from Raymond's response:

On the day *I* go to work for Microsoft, faint oinking sounds will be heard from far overhead, the moon will not merely turn blue but develop polkadots, and hell will freeze over so solid the brimstone will go superconductive.

You can read the initial email and Raymond's response at his (aptly named) blog, Armed and Dangerous.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home