Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Boston Pride




I'm not a native New Englander. I purposefully chose to settle here after going to college in the area, and have grown to love just about everything (OK, fighting the traffic on 128 every day ain't so fun) about living here. I take a lot of pride in being a Bostonian and New Englander.

So I was particularly proud yesterday morning to be in attendance at the WBZ Business Breakfast with the CEO and founder of CHEN PR client Boston-Power Dr. Christina Lampe-Onnerud. Christina joined Constant Contact CEO Gail Goodman, Life is Good CEO (that's Chief Executive *Optimist*) Bert Jacobs and EnerNoc President and Co-Founder David Brewster on a panel to discuss how and why their businesses have succeeded in Massachusetts, and what other Mass.-based businesses can learn from them.

It was refreshing to hear words like "optimism," "opportunity," and "idealism" used frequently by all four panelists. Of course I'm biased but I was particularly struck by Christina's comments because not only is she, like myself, not a native New Englander, she's not a native American. So when she talked eloquently and passionately about her decision to become a U.S. citizen, and to settle her family and locate her company in Boston (the importance of this decision to her is of course even reflected in the company name) -- well, let's just say I was feeling that Boston pride!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home