Jerry Maguire and the Geek
Guy Kawasaki's blog has recently become a morning "must read" for me. Last week's post on The Art of the Board Meeting tells you why. He's distilled the essential board of directors to the following types (in a nutshell):
- The Customer - Representing the type of person you're selling to.
- The Geek - Provides a reality check on your technical team.
- Dad or Mom - The comforter and pro-bono psychiatrist.
- The Tightass - Or just plain asskicker.
- Jerry Maguire - Owner of a platinum Rolodex.
- The CEO - Someone who has not just been a CEO he/she is doing it right now.
Thank you Simon for telling me to shape up and read this.